This issue of the Oral Care Reports covers the important topic of that dental services can and should be provided to expectant mothers during their Pregnancy.
Other important topics include current research on the use of nanoparticles (NPs) in restorative dentistry, dental emergency room visits update on electronic dental records and use of mouth guards in sports.
Upon completion of reading these articles, the clinician will be able to:
- Better understand the consensus guidelines for provision of care during pregnancy;
- See how nanoparticles make positive contributions to the properties of dental restorative materials;
- Recognize the broad applications of electronic dental records and their potential for improved patient care and clinical outcomes;
- Know the financial burden of dental emergency department visits and the steps some states are taking to reduce it;
- Appreciate the necessity for using mouthguards when engaged in a sporting activity that may cause injury to the mouth.